Sailing skills to Level One required to take this course. The skills learnt in Level One are developed to enable confident and competent boat handling to develop.
Coming alongside jetties, anchoring, tying up alongside, reefing and trimming the sails. Everything you need to take a yacht out independently and be able to sail safely where you want to go, and not just sailing with the wind.
£175 per person per day (minimum of two training) – £350 for two people
£350 per day for one to one tuition
Levels One and Two combined over 4 days is £700 per person (minimum 2 people training) or £1400 for two people including overnight accommodation on board
- Skippering techniques developed
- Advanced mooring situations
- Planning mooring approach
- Accurate and efficient up and downwind sailing
- Theory to explain procedures and advanced manoeuvres
- Tidal navigation overview
- Collisions regulations discussed
- Use of VHF
- Basic first aid and crew welfare
- Seamanships skills