Welcome to OB Sailing Yacht Charters
Sailing Experience Required
We want to keep our yachts in superb condition so we ask for a good standard of sailing ability and experience on similar boats.
We require 3 years’ sailing experience or if you have paper qualifications Day Skipper Practical and two years’ sailing experience as a minimum. We know many people have never taken any formal qualifications and still sail to a high standard, so please tell us what you have done when you enquire about a booking.
What you get on your charter
- Your boat is supplied with diesel fuel and water tanks filled, butane gas cylinders, and is fully cleaned ready to sail.
- There are no other extra charges to consider.
- All boats have crockery and cutlery, pots and pans as required for the number of berths on each.
- An operating manual and chart of Lake Windermere are also supplied.
- Lifejackets, liferings, fire extinguishers and fire blanket are supplied as required by local licensing laws.
- The equipment supplied on each boat is detailed in the specification sheet.
- The yachts are kept on jetties at Ferry Nab, Bowness to allow guests to use the shore side toilet and shower facilities. A washing machine and dryer are also available – free of charge.
- Some yachts may operate from swinging moorings from time to time. Please check when booking.
- Car parking is not available onsite, due to restricted space. A public car park is situated 200m from the jetties and is operated by the Lake Wardens at the Public Slipway. This is a safe and secure car park and the cost is £5 a day. On site unloading/loading is allowed, if the vehicle is removed when completed.
- A Security Deposit is required when you take over the yacht. Any damage or losses will be deducted from this deposit on the boat’s return. The deposit does not limit your liability if severe structural damage occurs to the boat due to negligence or lack of knowledge.
- The yachts cannot be used for any commercial activity or sub-let to another party.
- The yachts have a fully comprehensive insurance including public indemnity and third party liability.
What we don’t supply
- We don’t supply bedding as most people bring a duvet or sleeping bags.
- Food and drink. There are a number of local shops and major supermarkets in Bowness which is just a ten minute walk (2 minutes by car) from our jetties.
What you need to bring:
You need all your personal items for washing, towels and tea towels, all bedding and sailing clothing. Flat soled deck shoes or sailing Wellingtons to ensure the decks do not get black marks on them. If you haven’t got them, our friends at Maiden Marine carry a full range at very competitive prices.
Normal charter start times:
|Weekend Charter||Friday 4pm||Sunday 5pm|
|5 Day Charter||Monday 10am||Friday 3pm|
|7 Day Charter||Monday 10am||Sunday 5pm|